Re: Interesting libs etc

On Sat, 06 Jun 1998, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I found out about some quite interesting toolkits etc we should definitely
>consider.
>
>The first one is Rastermanīs imlib. The Gnome people use it for their
>Graphics (esp. dithering/color handling) and it seems to be really good. I
>suppose you should have a look at it, Adrian (but beware, Alan Cox posted
>some quite unfriendly comments concerning code readability etc about
>rasterman ;)

Curiously this mail reached me a few minutes after I downloaded a new
version of Imlib.  I haven't looked at the library itself, but we are definately
looking for something like imlib.  A single library for all sorts of file
formats is much better using a patchwork of libjpeg, libpnm, libgoofy etc.

I will eventually look into Imlib, at the moment graphic file reading is
not _my_ priority anyway.  In fact I think we should get the whole layer P I/O
subsystem desigend before we look into it.

Although...  I think design and implemention of the basic layer P io sybsystem
should only take a few hours.  But that's for another post.