Re: File I/O

> Just a little contribution to the madly loved
> "Important-Subprojects-Nobody-Dared-To-Start-Working-At" (TM) series ;)

> This time: The File I/O system

> The main idea here is to provide transparent handling of files collected in tar-like archives.
> I won´t discuss the Why etc here - I assume everyone here has encountered such files already.

That's a great idea!  I'm already busy on another project, but I wanted to
add my vote of confidence. :)

What about the PAK code from Quake?  Surely we can use that?
(Great programmers are also great evironmentalists -- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken@devolution.com)

--
Author of Simple DirectMedia Layer -