Re: Input team resurrection

On 06-Jun-99 Christian Reiniger wrote:
>>But that does not solve the problem we have here. As far as I know, libGII is
>>only a library and I'm talking about a standalone process that would provide
>>driver API that could be used by any application (probably together with a
>>small stub library). Also GII is not really usable yet from what I've heard.
>
> But it's surely better to extend libgii & build some app around it than to
> rewrite everything from scratch.

Why not. You can as well use the existing libGII in that daemon after all if
it serves the purpose.

>>I don't think moving mouse driver code to the kernel is really necesary, we
>
> Yup, but if your system should be capable of handling multiheaded setups
> you need some controlling code in the kernel.

I don't see why we should bother about multihead in mouse/joystick drivers ?
Even though several of those may be plugged at the same time, I don't see why
you would need any form of special kernel support for that.

---
Stephane Peter                          megastep@lokigames.com
Programmer
Loki Entertainment Software