Re: Zombie, PFile and the like

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Hunter Thomas wrote:

>Personally, I'm dead sexy, so I don't need to work on a sexy project. I am most
>interested in both Pfile, and in game AI. I really want to be able to have some
>sort of at least game AI docs included w/ PPlay, if not a low level AI API. It
>would most likely have to be in several bits though, one for each style of game
>AI. Anyone have URLs for any good game AI docs?

A lot about unit navigation and path-finding (A*) can be found at:
	http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/gameprog.html

Excellent site with general AI stuff (a bit disorganized, maybe):
	http://www.gameai.com/

There are surely others too. Check the FAQ for comp.ai.games. I've
personally never got further in the AI world than "find closest hex and
move there without crashing the game".

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream