Re: Zombie, PFile and the like

Errol Smith schrieb:

>  That's a good point - somewhere we should have a large collection of FAQ's,
> documents & so on relating to game development & technology (and/or links to
> them). This will help us with a one-stop-shop for game developer stuff,
> plus be
> useful for those things that PP doesn't cover on it's own (like game AI for
> example, but also overall game structure, development tools etc).

Thatīs pretty much what the LGDC is doing
(http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames/)
While PPlay *is* thought as a collection of gamedev tools, itīs more
that "one comprehensive package plus some recommendations" thing than
the "here are links to everything, choose what you want" one.

>  A nice collection might encourage game developers to come check PP out while
> they are looking through our docs...

Hmmm, I somehow donīt like that idea - it IMHO implies that people wonīt
look at PenguinPlay based on its own merits. PPlay is not in a useful
state, right. But weīre getting there. I think the critical mass isnīt
very far away anymore.

	Christian