Re: New Linux Game SDK Project - Please Read This If Nothing Further

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, The Greene Family wrote:

> Well sir, at this point my goal merely is to assist the person in charge
> because I honestly believe they needs it.  The fork idea I thank you for
> because I'm going to do it, but I would definitely LOVE to do sound and input,
> It's something I enjoy doing and have experience Doing.

If you wish to simple control a project that is fine.

However there is enough work to in the current project (and others), that
we don't need one more project.

As I've suggest several times, the sound section of penguinplay needs
serious care.  But I guess it's up to you....

 > I knew you had CVS and webspace, but would you not prefer penguinplay.hijc.com
> to sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay? I thought it might be easier to remember for the
> absent minded among us. (Lord knows i have to visit a site several times before
> I remember the URL :-)

Actually I prefer penguinplay where is it. sunsite.auc.dk provide a very
good independant service.  And as we've seen with www.linuxgames.org, when
the server maintainer suddenly drops out of service the whole project
becomes dead in the water.

Of course something like penguinplay.dhs.org would be nice if it pointed
to sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay. In fact here we go,  http://penguinplay.home.dhs.org
Might even work on the removing 'home.'bit.

> By the way I was asking you these questions because you seemed helpful once
> before when I asked you some questions.

Sure, although you seemed to have missed my responses.

Nicholas

--
      "I reserve the right to contradict myself"
Nicholas Lee (Li Peng Ming)  n.j.lee at statslab.cam.ac in uk