Re: New Linux Game SDK Project - Please Read This If Nothing Further

At 12:29 AM 3/19/99 -0600, you wrote:
>So you're going to organize the pplay sound and input code and spin-off
>you're own entire gsdk?
not an entire gsdk, just something for my spare time

>USB is a kernel-level driver issue, and there are already a lot of people
>working on this. Support for input devices (USB or not) comes through a
>kernel device interface.

yes i'm aware of that

>I imagine the mesa developers would be slightly more inclined to do that.

from what i've heard they have more of a concentration on hardware issues,
i could have heard wrong.

>I'll bet you can't get open specs for the Sound Blaster Live...

actually creative has been rather helpful in the past

>I don't mean to be too critical here, but how much development experience
>do you have on large projects? Spin-off you're own GSDK; optimize Mesa;
>and write USB, sound card, and joystick drivers? These aren't trivial
>things, but you seem to imply that they are...

no alot of experience with large projects, i've typically developed on my
own in the past, i have however lead projects unrelated to programming with
quite a bit of success.  i did not mean to imply these to be trivial, you
just misunderstood me, happens quite often :-)
Derek Greene