Re: New Linux Game SDK Project - Please Read This If Nothing Further

The Greene Family wrote:

>The spinoff will be a completely private thing for my own enjoyment (yes,
>believe it or not, I rather enjoy doing things like this), I'm on ALL of the

Are you really 250% sure about making a spinoff? In the best case that
won't benefit PPlay as much as you joining in and in the worst case it will
do a lot of harm. What is it that you can't do *with* PPlay?

>I would like a few tidbits of information however:
>a) status of each individual projects (so I may update the homepage.)

$CVSROOT/penguinplay/STAUTS is quite up-to-date

>Part of my plan for input, btw, is to implement USB...it will be an ongoing
>thing though because USB implementation takes a long time to do. :-) But I think
>it will be a rather nice addition.

Er, you know that there are quite some people working on that? And that
it's a pure driver issue?

>I have one recomendation though...whoever is doing graphics REALLY ought to
>take the mesa source and take a shot at optimizing it's software mode (which is
>obvious a rather widely used mode) it's rather slow from my experience and
>from what I am told.

Yup, it is. But we're not using MESA yet. It's of no use to just pick more
or less random things that need improvement, start working on them and
completely neglect PPlay itself.
The people who like to work on Mesa do Mesa hacking, the people who like to
do driver coding write USB drivers, the ones liking to write low level
abstraction libs improbe libggi and libgii and we, liking to make a medium
to high level game SDK work on PPlay.

>Oh btw, I'm a registered Creative Labs developer and a registered Thrustmaster
>developer so I can get a lot of information out of the 2 companies.

Registered like the "please register for our developer support program" on
the websites? Sorry, that won't help that much.

Cu
	Christian