Re: LibPenguinPlay 0.1.0 (almost) released!

>The tests run as expected (although test_audio -f 2000 doesn't
>produce a sound - but that could be caused by my esd not being
>set up properly. Um, actually it isn't even running...).

The esd library has a fallback mode where it will grab /dev/dsp if the esd
daemon
isn't running. I set up PenguinSound so that if the daemon isn't running then it
should
call the Dsp class instead and do its own mixing.

The win32 dll was built with msvc5.0 and that may cause problems if somebody
tries to
use that with msvc6.0 since, to get around a bug involving namespaces and
templates
we had to place some template classes outside of the namespace, while those
sample
classes are still inside the namespace for msvc6.0.

This shouldn't be a problem to somebody who knows what they are doing, since the
code is there to recompile. I'll try and build a dll with msvc6.0 on NT and send
in the
dll.

Are we going to try to package the distribution?

I once was able to build debian packages but things have changed and now I'm not
      sure

how to do it. I think I could build an rpm if I spent a little time.

Peter Burns