Fw: Joystick driver v1.1.0 - need testers

Found this on another list and thought it might be interesting

Been up to my rear in alligators but I'll get the documentation out soon
Subject: Joystick driver v1.1.0 - need testers

Hello everyone,

who has a joystick and is using or wants to use it with Linux! Recently, the
pre-releases (pre-31) is current at the moment, have reached enough
stability for wider testing than just by me. You can fetch it at:

ftp://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/pub/linux/joystick/devel/joystick-pre-1.1.0-3
1.tar.gz

Joysticks supported in the 1.0.9 driver:

* Standard 2-axis, 2-button
* Standard with throttle 3-axis, 4-button
* Other simple combinations (up to 4-axis, 4-button)

So, if you use your joystick with the 1.0.9 version included in the 2.1
series of kernels, you can test it with the 1.1.0 version if it still works.
Any success / failure stories are welcome.

On the other hand, if you have (or know someone who has) a joystick that
either isn't fully supported by the 1.0.9 driver, or doesn't work with it at
all, please contact me.

The joysticks that are newly supported in 1.1.0 pre-31:

* ThrustMaster FCS compatible
* CH Products Flighstick compatible
* Microsoft SideWinder 3D Pro
* Microsoft SideWinder ForceFeedback Pro
* Microsoft SideWinder GamePad Pro
* Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital
* Advanced Gravis GamePad Pro

I'm very interested in hearing whether these joysticks will or won't work
for you with the pre-31 release. Please send success/failure/bug reports.

Joysticks not yet supported at all:

* Advanced Gravis GrIP system
* Advanced Gravis XTerminator
* Logitech ThunderPad Digital
* Microsoft SideWinder 3D Pro 2
* Microsoft SideWinder FreeStyle Pro
* Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro
* ThrustMaster Millenium 3D Inceptor
* ThrustMaster Rage 3D

If you have one of these, please contact me, so that I can support these in
the next releases of the driver.

Have fun,
Vojtech.

jml

Even if you can't run from your problems,
getting a good head start means that at
least they'll be tired by the time they catch up.

-