Re: Net: Alive?

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:

>>o Stubs for more advanced management of the server remotely.
>
>How it it currently managed? Via some special utility or via a "simple"
>HTML interface?

Hmm, simple commands really, i.e. packets with the proper text in them. I
suppose I will make a small textbased app as a sample to demonstrate how
it works, but in the long run a good centralized management 'console'
would be good to have. WWW-based stuff can be made via a CGI-script
(running C++ apps) if desired.

 > >>o Better handling of the config-file (regexps are nice), more
>>configurability.
>
>What regexp package do you use? I ask both because I plan for some advanced
>configfile handling in PPlay and because of thet dreaded license issue
>(IIRC the package I checked last (was quite some time ago though) was under
>plain GPL).

The normal GNU regexp package. Should be part of normal (g)libc. See
manpages for regcomp, regexec, regerror and regfree. I've wrapped a class
around the C-interface and use it in several locations.

>>The ChangeLog as well as all available docs and downloads can as usual be
>>found at http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/zombie/
>
>Do the docs already describe the changes?

To some extent. But part of the docs is not even yet written. The parts
realted to configuration, compilation, installation and running Zombie
should be ok, as well as the one on programming. I write more docs every
now and then, when I find time.

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream