Re: Suggesstion

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Xavier Plasencia wrote:

> I know that RPMS can be used by any Unix platform,
> ( I have vistied that site many times, BTW it is http://www.rpm.com )but until
> a distributon packages RPMS wtih there distribution, you cannot expect users
> to install RPMS on there OS just to install you game. (Even if you think you are
> doing
> them a favor)

The problem is that RPM needs to be installed on the machine.  Most
linux boxes, (including debian ones) will have it.  And debian people
could use alien too.  Still, I think all programs should ship with
uninstall and install scripts anyway.  I also think they should use
the machines native package management system if one is available.