Re: Funny situation (was: Re: Serialization et al)

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> > They are sufficient for games. Nobody has a vector machine handy to play
> > games anyway. ;-)
> >
> > (hmm, the new NEC SX-5 we have has PCI slots... A Voodoo3 in there?
> > hehehe!!!)
>
> Forget the Voodoo3 - that machine has enough CPUs to make each of them
> render a 20x10 pixel area of the screen :)

Not that many CPUs, only 16 on the largest model (the one we have here,
of course! :-) ) and they would be best used to do vector operations
(like transformation and lighting).

But the real showstopper is that there is nothing that remotely
resembles a framebuffer device on the SX serie! It's only a big boxen.
VERY big. :-)

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/