Re: overlaying

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:
>I was wondering if PFile was going to provide a particular feature,
>which is "overlaying" something over another. What I'd like would be to
>mount a Pak file at some directory and when I try to access something
>there, that it checks the Pak file, then the directory for the file...

By default it's the other way round. If you don't specify a fstype in the
URL passed to PFile it first looks in the "normal" file system (via stdio)
and if that fails it looks through the virtual stuff (PakFiles etc).

Later we want to make that configurable (switch lookup order / constrain to
normal / constrain to virtual / ...)

>Maybe even mounting multiple Pak files one over the other ("patch" Pak
>files, overriding the content of the previous one).

Planned for later. Shouldn't be difficult to add however.

	Christian