Re: SV: SV: SV: Progress Update

Bjarke Hammersholt Roune wrote:

> I've been completely and utterly unable to get my ISDN modem working under
> Linux, and I'm not aware of any good email programs for Windows that
> interface properly with MS Explorer... Netscape just isn't the same thing,
> sorry to say... (I wish it wasn't true :_(

Try reading this discussion using the newsgroup on sunsite.auc.dk, I
think Outlook does the right thing for newsgroups...

> > Just an idea like that, because I tried to get into the communication by
> > reading the newsgroup, and this "Progress Update" thread for example was
> > all over the place, with "SV: " added multiple times...
>
> I'm not sure, but I think that's a general problem. I got up-to-speed with
> the archive too, and I had the same problem. It might be correct that it is
> Outlook making problems, though...

At Ludus Design (the company me and a few friends started), we have
discussion groups, and the Windows developers kept wrecking the
threading all the time. We did isolate the problem to Outlook not
setting the "In-Reply-To:" header or some thing similar... Some other
Windows MUAs have the same problem, but others have it right. Eudora
does it wrong also, but I think Pegasus is okay. It's been a while,
everybody converted to Netscape or read the discussions thru newsgroups
now.

> > I guess "SV" must be something relative to your native language, but it
> > would be nice if you could change that to "Re: " (must be somewhere in
> > the configuration)
> >
> Perhaps it is, but one should think it would be under "E-mail settings",
> then, and it isn't...
>
> I'll look into it and see if its really not possible to fix this.

Maybe it isn't, it wouldn't surprise me from Outlook. :-|

> "sv" is short for "svar" which in danish means "answer", which leads to
> "response".

I see... Scandinavian languages just beat me! I can take some german,
but not much (I thought that "No ausgang" in the tram stations meant "No

> > and prevent it from adding it multiple times. It
> > wouldn't thread properly, but at least our MUA could put all the
> > relevant messages togethers...
>
> Hmm... Well, I'll see what I can do.

Thank you!

--