Re: side note to ppfChdir

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> Having to do a real chdir() is a bad idea IMHO. The problem is that it
> changes the general behavior of the program, for example, if it core
> dumps, the dump will not be in the expected place. Example:

As I understand, relative paths are a bit faster because the current
working directory is already parsed and all... Removing the chdir()
might cause trouble regarding this optimization, but maybe the
optimization is unwelcome anyway, as it doesn't apply security at every
access. But we might also not care for applying security at every
access.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/