Re: Threading, or not lack thereof

Bjarke Hammersholt Roune wrote:

> I checked the newsgroup. My posts there threads fine, and exactly the way
> they should.

I know that Netscape, when faced with messages without correct threading
information, will try to group the messages by subject while ignoring
the "Re:" part, which works for "normal" MUAs, but not for your
localized one, thinking that the messsages with the "SV:" in front of
the subject were of a different thread.

Maybe the fact that your MUA *knows* about the meaning of "SV:" means it
can kludge together unthreaded e-mails, much like Netscape can. But this
is not real threading, a "reply to a reply" will go with the "original"
message, not with the "reply" as it should...

> This might be a case of michroshaft building their own shaftware into both
> the "send E-mail" and "Read newsgroups" part of Outlook. Then again, it
> might not. Its pretty annoying having to go to the newsgroup to post, so if
> a couple of people could go and check to see if my E-mails thread ok for
> them, I would be grateful... please :)

Try answering to this post both via e-mail and via newsgroup (identify
them as such)? We'll see which one threads and which one doesn't...

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/