Re: Meta Project

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Christian Reiniger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just updated
> http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/irc-meetings/nextmeeting.html
> with a short summary of what already has been talked of concerning the
> organization of the meta project. Please have a look at it and, if
> possible, be at the next irc meeting (Sat, 05 Sep 1998, 21:00 UTC on IRCNet
> (try irc.funet.fi as server) on channel #gamedev) so that we can discuss
> these things as fast as possible.

  Some parts can be nicely handled via tools like faq-o-matic and
  WikiWikiWeb (web update forms etc), others require less restrictions in
  terms of layouting etc and more restrictions in terms of write access
  rights (e.g. it's not good if everyone can change our "project goals"
  document at will)
  [from http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/irc-meetings/nextmeeting.html]

The idea would probably be to have project goal and other like pages
as mostly static.

But things like what are the Graphics/X11 resources avaliable on the net,
are prefect in something liek fom or wikiwikiweb.

I planed to look at things like the JOS and the cvs versions of
wikiwikiweb, which have better access/version control.   Howeve since I'm
moving to England in 4 days, this is obviously on the backburner.

It might paid to either of the sources for the two wikiwebs I mentioned
above, merge and extend them some how to produce something use for
ourselfs.  The similar sort of access control fom has with the flexible
layout of wikiwikiweb would be quite nice.

Nicholas