Re: Sv: C/C++ layering in PFile

Bjarke Hammersholt Roune wrote:

>>Not like functions (the () are missing - that's really clear), and they
>>
>Sometimes, when the address of a function is taken, there isn't a ().

Rare enough.

>>also can't be misinterpreted as classes because that's obvious from the
>>context.
>>
>If one has to take the context into account, then it will tak one longer to
>quick-read the code.

With context I mean that classes are types while locals are variables. And
types occur only in 2 places within a function - in a variable declaration
(mixing up the type and variable while reading a declaration is, well, very
stupid) and template instantiation (here it's completely clear until
template parameters come into play - and we don't have these).

>>What do you mean with the "start with a capital" sentence? As opposed to
>>startWithSmallButAllElseCapped or everything_small_and_underscores
>>or something else?
>>
>startSmallButallElseCapped.

That generates some real weirdos:

openMode /* just weird */
fileType
mountFlags
file     /* is that startSmall or all_small ? */
name
URL      /* or more correct uRL ? */

I think you get it.

	Christian