Re: [pygame] Loading XBM cursors?

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Pete Shinners wrote:

>hmm, the problem here is that load_xbm is expecting there to be
>#define fields for the cursor hotspot position. you can just add
>these in by hand yourself. the loader only grabs this information
>from the data file, so you don't need to change the mask. the loader
>is pretty simple and expects the first 4 lines to be something like
>this...

Ah! Now I understand. I tried to understand what your code does, i.e. what
it expected, but I just didn't get it. I'm not yet used to the intricate
things you can do in Python. The hotspots are obviously not needed by
any graphics viewer (such as 'xv'), so we never saw anything wrong with
the images.

Thanks again, Pete!

>jan, you can easily fix your XBM files to be up and running. but
>if you have a chance to fix the XBM loader that would be even better!

I could have a look at it, as it's plain Python and easily tested.