Re: [pygame] 99 CPU use?

I have set the framerate down to 20 and it makes a difference (comes down to 45-60 CPU use), but it is also slower of course.
Is there any tutorial where I could check optimising tricks or techniques?
You might also look at how you're polling events and see if you can choose a method that is less intense. No need to keep looping if you can just stop and wait for the next event. You might try to cut back on how much you're drawing to screen each frame. See if you can update only part of the screen each pass and possibly only update changes every couple passes.