[pygame] pygame.image.save(...)

Hi,

In a related email thread here, I've been trying (now successfully) to render a movie from a series of frames captured from a program I wrote.

The screen capturing is done via pygame.image.save(...).  In my case, the surfaces that are being saved are derived from OpenGL framebuffer readbacks.

I've noticed that the first few dozen or so frames save in a fraction of a second, while subsequent frames take increasingly longer.  This, obviously, gets annoying.  I do not know why this is.  Can someone please explain?

I am using PyGame 1.9.1.

Thanks,
Ian