Re: [pygame] Error pygame with timidity.cfg

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 4:57 PM,  <teodoro.coluccio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone help me!?

1. Okay I get it. You had a problem and asked in the wrong place. We
assumed you'd ask in a better place eventually, that's why nobody
responded.
2. Pygame-users is really the wrong list for your problem, you need to
look for support with timiditiy.
3. The error message is clear in that there was an "Error with opening
file". How about if you check whether it's in the expected place and
whether the user running it may read it?
4. The path in your config is spelled the same way as the path in the
wiki I'm comparing it to. Look for trailing whitespace in your config,
maybe?

a) Really make sure that the soundfont is where you're trying to load
it from and that your user may in fact read it.
b) consider looking at your configuration with a hex editor.
c) consider running timidity it in a debugging tool such as `strace`
so you can see what file is *actually* attempted to be opened.

cheers!
mar77i