Re: [pygame] New Website and Logo

> This comment has been raised a couple of times already, and the more I hear
> it the more the more nervous I am! On reflection; I'll change the pad...
>
> IANAL, but I was hoping that the use of a familiar pad from an old system
> would remove much of the proprietary issues. The original Gravis pad was
> nearly identical, and I figured if they could get away with it...
> A joystick is probably safer as it's pretty hard to draw a recognisable
> joypad that doesn't scream of a particular console...

Maybe you could use something else than a joystick.. as already a few people
mentioned that something like a joystick or gamepad would stress the arcade
character too much.
I gotta admit that I don't know a better object right now which satisfies all
parts of pygame (maybe a box with all kinds of tools in it.. might look a bit
ugly to have a huge box between those small python teeths tho.. j/k :)

An other idea would be to make several versions of the logo suitable for
different kinds of games (joystick for arcade games, beforementioned scroll for
adventure/puzzle like games, etc)

I'm pretty sure someone on this list could come up with a good object for that
purpose, assuming that you haven't already finished your joystick logo of course
:)

--
Raiser, Frank aka CrashChaos
IRC: 141.30.225.9:6667 #United-Programmers

I just found out that the brain is like a computer.
If that's true, then there really aren't any stupid people.
Just people running Windows.