Re: [pygame] What 3D format do you use?

On 8/6/05, Simon Wittber <simonwittber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyhow, I'm curious to know what other people are using in their
> games, and which 3D model file format people use and/or think is best.
> So, the question... which 3D format and loader do you use?

I wrote a simple obj-loader about two years ago that can handle
texturing too. It's unfortunately old, uncommented code that I don't
have the time to tidy up right now, but maybe you can get something
useful out of it.

http://people.cc.jyu.fi/~shang/projects/tank3d.zip

Requires python 2.2+, pygame and pyopengl

Probably what I would really recommend, though, is to use a full 3D
framework that has built-in model loading, such as PyOGRE, Panda 3D or
Soya 3D.

--
Sami Hangaslammi