Re: [pygame] Menu class

I have written up a fairly comprehensive menu system that will port easily, contains highlighting, icons and keyboard detection. It also has the advantage that it does not need to tie up your event queue, is pretty easy to set up your own menu, and is written in standard Python+Pygame.

However, it currently only allows for menu's on the top of the window (like any normal application menubar) and not pop-up menus.

You can take a look at the game it's in right here - http://www.spqr-game.co.uk/ . If you like, I can rip out the menu code for you and place in a seperate file.

Chris

On 8/21/06, Kris Schnee < kschnee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I.zzet Aykut KOÇAK wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need a Menu class implemented with pygame graphics features. Could any
> one suggest some references about this.

What sort of menu? There are several Graphical User Interface packages
available for Pygame, offering buttons, text displays and similar
"widgets." Your best bets are probably PGU and OcempGUI, which I think
are available on Pygame's site. I've also got a little system called
Driftwood, which is available as part of the source of
http://kschnee.xepher.net/DarkSide_Source.zip .

Kris

--
Science is open source religion