[pygame] Super Mario like game(s)

Hi everyone,

it looks like I've got my daughter interested in learning programming. :-) :-)

What got her hooked is the idea of writing her own version (with my help) of games like Super Mario  ("platform" type game with side scroller, if I may call it like that). We could start from scratch... however, I was wondering if people were aware of decent examples of such game, perhaps done during the week-long pygame challenges, that could be fruitfully adapted instead.

 I do plan to look through http://pygame.org/projects/20/ ... but thought I should ask for quick pointers from the experts ;-)

André