Re: [pygame] AI Module (was: Perlin Noise Function)

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Emanuel Berg <bergregerar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not experienced as a programmer so I don't think I can help you
> really but I happen to have an RPG project so for what it's worth I
> think it's a great idea with an "RPG module" handling routine things
> that are in almost all RPGs. I'd be happy to test whatever you come up
> with.

RPG's are huge projects. What is yours? I am making one also.

> editor: http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dumpij9.png
> battle: http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=743of9.gif

> One question: how do you emulate natural movement? In this case, you
> control one character directly and have two more in your party?

Not sure I know what you are asking. You mean with perlin? Perlin give
random input that comes in predicable ways that tend to simulate
natures randomness. I can't say I have perfected how to use this in
movement yet but there is a web site out there that uses it to do a
face.

Most of my work is 3d and done in Blender3d. Then I animate it and
export that to Panda3d. My game is written using that.

Can't say I will write this AI stuff but maybe when I get some time.

--
Douglas E Knapp