Re: [pygame] The Giant - 'cool project I'm working on now' - thread.

My friends commissioned me to write a 2D engine for a platforming game
they were making (called Singe). They wanted to be able to script it.
I decided I wanted to make it as unbound as possible, so it could be
used for any game in the future. As it turns out, they don't have
their stuff together yet, but I've made a little progress on this
Engine. I intend to have Actors, Message Passing, Visual Effects
(programmed in C), Scripting, Panning, and a level editor. I was
originally going to use SDL and just have Python for scripting, then I
decided to use Pygame to prototype the whole thing, then I decided I
liked Pygame :) so I'm sticking with it until it turns out to be too
slow for some reason. I can always optimize parts with C meanwhile.

Anyway, it's still pretty primitive, I don't have panning yet, but I
do have Actors, Scripting, and Message Passing. I decided to make a
game along with the engine, just to test out its capabilities and make
sure it was working properly. I chose a funny game idea I already had
sitting around. This game is certainly not the sort of game the engine
will ultimately be tailored for, but it works for now.

I present to you: Differential Equation Munchers

http://orblivion.specialkevin.com/projects/diffEqMunchers/

If you played Number Munchers as a kid, you should get the joke. This
game has some things to be filled in, as you may see, but it does work
from start to finish.