[pygame] Re: BUG: pygame 1.9.1 extraneous output

On Aug 11, 4:55 am, Len <lkap...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unless I've built 1.9.1 wrong, it looks like there are several
> executable (debug-type) printf() statements embedded in joystick.c ...
> the test code below shows the output from one of them - it's pretty
> rudimentary, plug in a joystick first!
These are present in the prebuilt pygame for Windows as well.

> I didn't see any references to these in the list archives up to August
> 9, so I'll apologize in advance if they've already been reported.
I was about to report these when I saw your post.

The offending statements were added in revision 2131 to joystick.c
(ViewCVS: http://www.seul.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi?rev=2131&root=PyGame&view=rev).
I'm not sure what's being tested, but these statements definitely do
not belong there (at the very least, they should be protected by
#ifdef DEBUG).

Robert