Re: [pygame] pgreloaded 2.0.0-alpha5 released

On, Thu Jul 22, 2010, Gregor Lingl wrote:

[...]

> What did I observe?
> (1) In the cases it works, id doesn't do as in the docs written:
>     if one omits the loop parameter it loops forever

This has been fixed now and will be made available in the next release.

> (2) I was not able to play an *.ogg
> (3) If "someSound.ogg" is loaded, retrieving someSound.len lets the
>     program crash
> (4) A try to play it, results in pygame2.Error: Tried to play a NULL chunk

This was a problem in the SDL_mixer.dll library, which used a wrong
libvorbisfile.dll linkage. The SDL_mixer.dll has been updated to use the
correct version, which is shipped with the installers. It also will be
made available with the next release.
To circumvent the existing issue, please download the updated prebuilt
DLL package from

    http://pgreloaded.googlecode.com/files/win32-prebuilt-20100802.zip

and replace the SDL_mixer.dll from your

    C:\Python31\lib\site-packages\pygame2\dll

path (or something similar) with the one of the package (to be found
under prebuilt\lib).

> Morover I observed, that pixelarray.py crashed after the 4th mouseclick
> without saying why. I only was asked if I wanted a respective message
> to be sent to microsoft. I declined :-)

This has been fixed now and will be made available in the next release.

Regards
Marcus