Re: [pygame] very slow pygame.init() under Snow Leopard

On 26/08/11 12:04 PM, René Dudfield wrote:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:len-l@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Generally, yes. But the examples highlight specific modules. And
    on Debian squeeze the alsa sound system keeps printing annoying
    buffer underflow messages to the console when the mixer module is
    initialized but not used.

    Lenard

Ah, that's an annoying bug in SDL/alsa I guess.

Yeah, it's probably best to modify the examples to init the modules they need explicitly. I can do this.

cheers,
Thanks. We can split the task if it makes things easier.

Lenard