Re: [pygame] Py C/API - Using METH_O vs METH_VARARGS

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Cambell,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. It would simplify some code. Though I can't speak
> for the other Pygame developers, I believe on proposed change is to make all
> Pygame functions accept keyword arguments. Some functions already do, so
> maybe they all should to be consistent.
>
> Lenard
>
> Campbell Barton wrote:
>>
>> Noticed METH_O isnt used anywhere in pygame, this avoids creating a
>> tuple only to get a single PyObject back out with PyArg_ParseTuple().
>>

> --
> Lenard Lindstrom
> <len-l@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey Lenard & PyGamers

Re: Using Keywords,
if you read Python 2.x-3.0 source youll see they dont use keywords for
everything (use METH_O in many places too).
This seems a bit overkill for single argument functions to me, and
wont make the api any easier to use?

Id be interested to know what the perceived advantages are for this.
--
- Campbell