Re: [pygame] Re: loss of rapidly repeated keypresses (from a barcode gun keyboard)

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 09:26:18AM -0800, Brian Fisher wrote:
>    On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:54 AM, James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>    wrote:
>
>      ...Although that still doesn't explain why it has no problem with any of
>      the non-SDL apps I have tested on Linux.
>
>    pyglet is non-SDL, and you saw the same problem with pyglet, yeah? So
>    either SDL has some problem that pyglet also has, or they both use some
>    common mechanism that the console and other apps don't.

Ah, interesting! I had mistakenly assumed that pyglet also used sdl (I
knew it uses opengl, but I had incorrectly assumed that it was using
sdl+opengl together)

>    Assuming a new SDL doesn't simply fix it for you, pyglet source should be
>    easily available and fairly easy to read (being pure python), so you might
>    be able to understand the problem better by looking at pyglet. And you
>    could modify it pretty easily too.

Good idea. maybe I will take a look at that. I was browsing through SDL
source code yesterday, but my learning curve was feeling pretty slow :)

---
James