Re: [pygame] Python 2.7 with pygame on Mac Sierra (10.12.2)

On 28 December 2016 at 23:41, Irv Kalb <Irv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also, when looking to find the latest version of pygame, on the pygame downloads site, I see version 1.9.1.  But if I go to PyPi at
      https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pygame#downloads

It shows version 1.9.2.   But that shows a wheel file (.whl).

Can anyone tell me if this is a more recent version that might fix the problems that I am seeing?  And if so, is there a simple way to install a .whl file without going through a terminal prompt?

1.9.2 is the latest; unfortunately so far no-one has been able to update the downloads page.

The normal way to use wheels (.whl files) is to 'pip install pygame' at a command line. I don't know of a way to install them without using the terminal, and I don't know anything about building Mac GUI installers. Sorry!