Re: [pygame] Antialiased Lines

sdor5151@mail.usyd.edu.au wrote:
Yeah that's fantastic news, however, I was wondering how stable the cvs
version is.
Can anyone help? Many bugs found?
unlike most 'regular' development projects out there. pygame doesn't really have "stable" and "development" versions. it is all one happy stream of development, and generally newer is always stabler than older, even out of cvs.

not to say there haven't been a couple slips in the cvs code, but they are generally rare. i'd say you're quite safe for using the cvs version. from how things have gone so far, i believe cvs can mainly be used by game developers, and the official releases are more for the end-users.

but in any event, development has gotten pretty slow for pygame. only
2 code changes since the 1.5.5 release at christmas. you can keep pace of what's gone online in the pygame changelog,
http://pygame.org/whatsnew.shtml

sometime after python2.3 is released and we get another round of updates from SDL and the gang, i'll be pushing for a 1.6 release, which should be the end-all and be-all of pygame for quite awhile?