Re: [pygame] Fwd: install problem

On 2/24/06, Bob Ippolito <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2006, at 12:28 PM, James Paige wrote:
> > I solved the problem differently. at the console, I did:
> >
> > su     <type root password>
> > rm /usr/bin/python
> > ln -s /usr/local/bin/python2.4 /usr/bin/python
> > rm /usr/bin/pythonw
> > ln -s /usr/local/bin/pythonw2.4 /usr/bin/pythonw
> > exit
>
> That is a horrible idea!  Do not do that.  Ever.

Hey Bob,
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't understand what your reply is
referring to, and would love to understand the thinking behind it

What in the email you replied to do you think is a horrible idea? the
symlink stuff? su to root? using the console? solving the problem
differently?

Why do you think it's a horrible idea? What bad things do you expect to happen?