Re: [pygame] PyDay #1

I think you have the wrong idea about the StringToImage script. Take a look at it here: (This one was written by HexDecimal)
http://pyday.googlegroups.com/web/StringToImage_Optimized.py?gda=x6I-AUsAAAAnfRb3A9CNbNHVH06n4bH5GPEjde9RdTr43XQzPxMy0GG1qiJ7UbTIup-M2XPURDQ9szVNk_3xeEVYwpCsMjpZl9pYdrGxmRQcWZWi5ITXKQ

When drawing in the code itself, you can either use the above or pygame.draw

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PyMike wrote:
> Hey Luke,
>
> > Can I use pyglet instead of pygame?
>
> As of now, no you can't. This is a pygame only competition. I've had
> quite a few requests for pyglet, so its concievable that I'll let
> pyglet be used in the future.
>
> > Can I create a bitmap and store it as a string in the code, then do a
> fromstring to load it to a surf, or do I literally have to use the
> drawing functions of pygame/pyglet?  I figured the filesize limitation
> was because this was allowed.
>
> Nope. You have to use the drawing functions of pygame. I wrote an
> ImageToString script that lets you draw images in the code itself.
> Everything in the game must be done with pygame.
That's what I meant.  Are you implying that we have to implement our own
fromString function, or can we use the built-in one?
By draw images in the code itself I meant using pygame.draw.arc and
pygame.draw.line, etc.

--
- PyMike