RE: [pygame] transform fixes

"Pete Shinners" <pete@visionart.com> wrote:
> i was able to get some fixes for the recently
> popular, pygame.transform.rotate() function.

Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated. I'm
looking forward to testing out the changes, time
permitting.

Good to hear that "off-by-one" cases are much
reduced. I'm crossing my fingers that rotations
of 90, 180, and 270 degrees are in the "many
cases" (my itch :-)

Speaking of which, rotations by 0, 90, 180, and
270 (all multiples of 90) degrees are probably
special cases. And may perhaps be simplified to
a large extend?

> further improvements to fix transform.rotate
> will probably not be coming from me. the code
> is at the limit of this poor pygame maintainers
> understanding.

One of these days... I might actually have a look
at the code, maybe compare bits and pieces with
approaches in SDL_gfx (now includes SDL_rotozoom
as far as I know) at http://www.ferzkopp.net/Software.html
and/or the SGE library (claims AA stuff) at
http://www.etek.chalmers.se/~e8cal1/sge/index.html

> sounds promising that the maintainer of
> the SDL_rotozoom library will try to fix the
> code.

Thanks again for your efforts Pete to include any
such improvements and your work on fixes here
already.

> i just doublechecked with the transform.flip
> functions, and they are indeed working the
> way i expect them to. flip(img, 1, 0) flips
> the image left-to-right on the x-axis. and
> flip(img, 0, 1) flips the image top-to-bottom
> on the y-axis.

Aha, my mistake/misunderstanding. I was thinking
about a mirror along the axis, but then again
my English math vocabulary is currently not
good enough...

With your explanation I stand corrected.

> i also went through the documentation and
> cleaned up the errors and ambiguities
> recently spotted :]

Not sure whether I already posted these 2 typos:
(on http://www.pygame.org/docs/index.html)

This:
pygame.font.init - initialize the display module
should read:
pygame.font.init - initialize the font module

This (really nitpicking here... sorry):
pygame.version.ver - The current pygame version info
should read:
pygame.version.ver - the current pygame version info

Regards,

Frank van Wijgerden