Re: [pygame] [OT] Preventing cheating in multiplayer games

Joel Ricker wrote:
: Hi,
: I am interested in your project. Is it accessible anywhere?
: I have some time ago worked on this in Python, including the server,
: but since I am pretty short on time ...

I actually haven't done more than play around with the idea like making
a simple gui to move cards around or a simple app to tinker with
communications a little.  Wanted to work out my network/security ideas
before I start since that makes a big deal with whether I can go open or
closed source or not.

I'll happy to take a look at what you have so far.

Joel
I know this is on a pygame mailing list, but.....

There is something in the wxPython example program that might be interesting, under Images I believe. wxPython would make it easy to do the drag/drop, and other standard behaviors.

It runs as a standard windows application, and can't really do much in the way of graphics. But if all you want it an MS Solitaire style front end, it might be easier to work with.

http://wxPython.org/

--
Don Garrett http://www.bgb.cc/garrett/
BGB Consulting garrett@bgb.cc