Re: [pygame] teaching python 2.4

andrew baker wrote:

I am teaching python at a high school

Bless you, sir. We were forced to learn Apple II BASIC. Bless you. :D

I'm actually sneaking it in with a little collusion.

Texas schools like to emphasize Java and C++, which a high school
class of 45 minutes has little chance of learning.

These kids have actually picked up a little Python in 1 week.
It is a very elegant teaching language.

If we had Linux I believe it would add another 10to20%

to the learning rate.

My dream, heh, is get them to author an open source educational
game and use it a selling tool to broaden some admin minds.

BTW, if anyone has kids or is in a position to teach them, they
love chat programs and socket programming with python is
soooo nice.