Re: [pygame] code for effects in opengl

Simon Wittber wrote:

On 1/12/06, Chris McCollister <topa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone know if PyOpenGL development is dead? I'd like to play
with some shaders as well, but I don't want to have to make people
compile stuff from CVS if I get something neat going.

It's not dead. AFAIK, currently, a ctypes version is being developed,
to make it easier for the majority of python coders to hack on.

PyOpenGL development isn't dead. I just don't have much time on the weekends, and I'm focusing most of it on the ctypes version (which is getting fairly close to feature-parity with the SWIG version now).

You will find a version released last year. It doesn't have a lot of
activity, because it doesn't need a lot of activity, it just works :-)

There's some new stuff for shader languages in the CVS repository that really should get released some time soon (I was going to do that beginning of September, never got around to it). I guess that's the next task after getting the first ctypes version out the door.

Have fun,
Mike

 Mike C. Fletcher
 Designer, VR Plumber, Coder