Re: [pygame] wxPython Message Window returns in Pygame

On Jan 30, 2008 1:22 PM, Dave LeCompte (really) <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think this is a reply to the following email by Lenard Lindstrom. It
would be helpful if you quoted the relevant parts of the message that
you're replying to, Ian.
It was more a general reply.  The problem is not the window or the events, it's the return code.  I didn't want anyone to try to solve a nonexistent problem.  I realize that it is perhaps possible that replies can be unclear if they do not include quotes.  Thanks for clearing that up.  By default I omit quotes.  Larger files take up more space, and with Gmail, though there is a significant amount of space, it is finite.  I also save every message for reference.  That, by itself, has allowed me to save time on my part and yours.  :-)
My experience with WxWindows agrees with Lenard's suggestion. When the
dialog completes, the return value only tells you whether the user hit OK
or Cancel. At that point, just get the settings of the controls - the data
in the text entry controls, the settings of any radio buttons, and the
like.
Right.  How do I do that?
Did you try asking this question on a WxPython mailing list? Seems like
that'd be a better place to ask.
I loopholed it in here by saying it uses a Pygame event handler and main.  You're probably right; this is more of a wxPython question, but my experience with them is that they usually do not answer simple questions, replying to all the complex ones.  This, coupled with poor documentation and incredibly overcomplex examples, has limited my learning of wxPython.
-Dave LeCompte
Ian