Re: [pygame] can PyGame mime KongregateLab's "Shoot" tutorial game?

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 15:57, Bill Seitz <fluxent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to get my sons (age 10 and 8) programming, but the only hook
that I think will get them started is the ability to make a kinda cool
game.

Ideally, I'd like to see a tutorial that leads them down the path of
making a starter non-lame game. A specific example I've found, for
Flash-based games, is at the KongregateLabs site:
http://www.kongregate.com/labs

Can PyGame achieve the same thing? Are there any existing tutorials or
projects that cover similar material?

More thoughts at
http://webseitz.fluxent.com/wiki/z2008-12-23-WebGamePlatformContest

Hi Bill,

You'll probably find this (ongoing) tutorial of mine useful:
http://eli.thegreenplace.net/category/programming/python/pygame-tutorial/

It is specifically trying to reproduce a game similar to Kongregate's flash games using PyGame.

P.S. I'm sure PyGame can "achieve the same thing" - it's a complete platform, and all it takes to get anywhere you want is programming skill. Also, while I'm not sure what language they use for coding games at Kongregate, but Python is almost certainly more fun :-)

Eli