[pygame] recommended network API or game examples?

A while ago I had tried a few different network libs, ( and the native sockets ). I understood how the basic functions were working, but I wasn't sure how to put it all together in a game. ( It would show telnet and echo clients, but, that's not the same. )

I'm looking for a simple game, like a clone of the classic asteroids, with two player ships. ( Or any simple game ) Where I can get a better idea on how you communicate back and forth a list of objects(ie: asteroids initial loc+vel) and messages.(ie: player fire, player current orientation, player thrust, etc..)

( So I am more looking for examples on usage, but if you have any comments on specific libs, that'd be welcome too. )
--
Jake