Re: [pygame] easy way to check pygame.Color() equality?

Color equality was an oversight I corrected in Pygame 1.9.0.

Lenard

René Dudfield wrote:
hi,

I think that should work... and does in fact work for me...

r = pygame.Color("red")
r == pygame.Color("red")
True

Maybe it is your pygame version?  What version do you have?  I'm using
pygame 1.9.0pre (from subversion).  The color class changed in pygame
1.8.1.

import pygame
print pygame.version.ver

Also, note that you might want to compare to color thresholds, or
weights... which is what the pygame.transform.threshold and
pygame.PixelArray.compare functions are for.  If you don't want to
compare exact colors, but colors within a certain range.

cheers,