Re: [pygame] Re: Pointer module

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Brian Fisher
<brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I personally hate emulating a mouse with a joystick. I've always found it to
> be a remarkably unpleasant way to try to navigate menus. Mice are so natural
> and easy and intuitive to point and gesture with - while joysticks... are
> not. I would never want something like that to be done automatically by the
> engine in a game of mine.

Indeed.  However a menu done with joystick buttons can be faster to
navigate with... compared to moving the joystick, then clicking on a
button.

Unfortunately PC joysticks are all different, with no way to place a
Triangle, or a Square graphic on the screen, or an A, or B button...
so that style of UI isn't really available so much.

Unless you know what style joystick that person is using.

> If there's any kind of already written input bridging I'd want, It'd be the
> joystick emulating the arrow keys for menu navigation, or vice versa,
> because those 2 inputs are actually very similar.

Indeed.