Re: [pygame] OSX sprite flickering

Yes. Why isn't there another group "visible", for lack of a better name, to which both people and bullets belong. Then only the visible.clear() and visible.draw() methods need be called.

Lenard

DR0ID wrote:

Hi

if you are using LayeredDirty or LayeredUpdates groups you should use the clear and draw methods only once per iteration in you main loop (otherwise the result may have artifacts and non desirable effects, maybe this is missing in the docs?).

~DR0ID

Daniel Mateos schrieb:

Might need to toy with the ordering a bit.  I think clear-before-draw
is correct, but I haven't played with it myself.
-FM

Hahaha you actually just solved my problem, calling clear after was working even tho its wrong but adding the additional sprites was lagging it enough to make it show.

My Linux PC must have been too fast for it to matter.