Re: [pygame] pygame.midi using portmidi?

So I got pygame building on mac with portmidi now - although I can't seem to get the midi.py example to do anything.

 the xcode proj for portmidi seems to have the porttime sources incorporated into it, rather than built as a separate lib, so the porttime dependency doesn't exist, which was causing trouble. Also the static libportmidi.a lib requires linkage to the CoreMidi framework, which was also causing trouble.

So I decided to kill 2 birds with one stoney-hack and made PORTTIME dependency be a dependency on porttime.

But now when I install the pygame on a machine with a midi keyboard attached, and run examples/midi.py with either --output or --list, it waits a long time, then prints "in stat: : No such file or directory" 4 times.

looking at portmidi's sources, that error seems to com from it trying to read the "/PortMidi/PM_RECOMMENDED_INPUT_DEVICE" setting from some prefs file "com.apple.java.util.prefs.plist" as part of it's initialization.

It seems really bizarre and rather dumb to me that portmidi would use java for anything, and I'm starting to wonder if the thing even works on Leopard...