Re: [pygame] Python 2.5.4

Let me guess, you are using Ubuntu Linux, right?

And you are worried that because python's version number is reported as
2.5.2 that you are missing security fixes from 2.5.3 and 2.5.4, right?

Let me put your fears to rest.

When the Ubuntu security team (or the Debian security team) backports
security fixes to a package in their stable release, they do not
increment the version number.

If you check the changelog for Ubuntu's python2.5 package (which you
can find in /usr/share/doc/python2.5/changelog.Debian.gz) you will see
that they have indeed backported the security fixes for both
CVE-2008-2316 and CVE-2008-1679

---
James Paige